Thursday, March 11, 2010

My English

Here I am again~
Don't know why suddenly I have the motivations to improve my English.

I just have a normal English standard and just enough to eat in my management course =.=
I did borrow some English management books from my campus library but every time I will just put and left it aside for two weeks time, and I will return the book 1 day later the due date and every time it costs me RM0.50 =...= ( that's why I not really want to borrow books..)

However, I am a business student, English is just so much important to my current study and even future work, but I am just like kite in my study, flying over here and there EVERYDAY!!

Even all my assignments now require higher standard of management level and of course included higher level of English standard.. I can write an impressive business ideas, management skills.. bla bla and so on with poor English standard. This is sickening me~!! I have to submit 4 assignments in the following week, 19 of March, Friday and I just finished one of them without touching the other 3 =.............+""

I know I am lazy enough, I have plenty of time every night but I always rather to start my assignments or study at midnight... I think the word of kanasai is suit enough to describe me..

BUT~!!! B-U-T~~!! I am start doing it and I am doing well too~~ However, I found that I really need a higher standard of English essay-writing. I just had a phone call with my beloved mom few hours ago, and we talked and mentioned about my English public speaking skills. Well.. Usually I can get the highest marks in presentation, no doubt for that~~ I am thick face enough to say that I am a good presenter, I have good skills, good "wind of stage" ( I hope you understand this ==), good quotes, and everything good except my English pronunciation~!!! I can get high marks in business subject except for English studies =...........=

This is because English studies require us to have good English pronunciation skills, I have everything good but I DON'T HAVE GOOD PRONUNCIATION OF ENGLISH!!! Ish.. hate that.. my English public skills is mixed with Singlish.. the origin fformation is Chinese + English.. the new word borned because there is too many Chinese who have poor and low level of English..
We usually mixed our English together with Chinese, there are a lot of vocabulary and grammar as well.. =.................=""

For example..
WHEN GIVING A CUSTOMER BAD NEWS

Britons: I'm sorry, sir, but we don't seem to have the sweater you want in your size, but if you give me a moment, I can call the other outlets for you.


Malaysians: No stock.



RETURNING A CALL

Britons: Hello, this is John Smith. Did anyone call for me a few moments ago?


Malaysians: Hello, who call?



ASKING SOMEONE TO
MAKE WAY

Britons: Excuse me, I would like to get by. Would you please make way?


Malaysians: S-kew me.



WHEN ASKING FOR PERMISSION

Britons: Excuse me, but do you think it would be possible for me to enter through this door?


Malaysians: (pointing at the door) Can ah?



WHEN ENTERTAINING

Britons: Please make yourself right at home.


Malaysians: No need shy shy one lah!



WHEN DOUBTING SOMEONE

Britons: I don't recall you giving me the money.


Malaysians: Where got?



WHEN DECLINING AN OFFER

Britons: I would prefer not to do that, if you don't mind...


Malaysians: Don't want lah.



WHEN ASKING SOMEONE TO LOWER THEIR VOICE.

Britons: Excuse me, but could you please lower your voice? I'm trying to concentrate over here.


Malaysians: Shut up lah!



WHEN ASSESSING A TIGHT SITUATION
.
Britons: We seem to be in a bit of a predicament at the moment..


Malaysians: Die lah!!



WHEN SOMEONE DID SOMETHING WRONG

Britons: This isn't the way to do it. Here, let me show you.


Malaysians: Like that also don't know how to do!



WHEN ONE IS ANGRY

Britons: Would you mind not disturbing me?


Malaysians: Celaka you!


Nice har?? The Singlish style is: the simple and faster the better, the direct translation is applied in Singlish language, it is so convenient for us especially for Malaysian Chinese =.=

HOWEVER!!! I must not use Singlish now because I am currently studying English for Management and the lecturer is really p*s* of* person~!!! She is strict on our grammar, vocab, pronunciation, a very strict method is applied in her teaching method which make herself feel proud~ -.-''

Besides, I have to put a lot of effort on my assignments now because all of them carrying heavy marks which I couldn't afford with my "layang-layang" style, when I surf internet for searching information, all the info is in English, no more my expert Chinese language T.T
plus, I can easily find out other people blogs easily by typing the information I want, looks like those blogger are really geng in their English, because their blogs are sooooooooooooooooooooo famous~!!!

Hence, start from today onwards, I decided to read more, learn more and write more, 3 in 1 method with ALL ENGLISH!!!

Donna Lim.. If you are reading my blogs, please write more blogs because your English is better than me a lot and I know that you start with a Singlish standard to write your blog..=)

1 comment: